Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fire Damages Cruise Street Duplex

It appeared the fire started in the back of the Cruise Street duplex next to a switch box, the fire chief said. (Photos by Josh Mitchell/Corinth Today)

By Josh Mitchell/Corinth Today

The Corinth Fire Department responded to a duplex fire in the 1400 block of Cruise Street at around 4 a.m. Thursday.

Firefighters quickly arrived on scene and found a fully involved structure fire.

The duplex, a rental property, was unoccupied and had been undergoing some work, said Corinth Fire Chief Todd Welch. Very few items were inside.

It appeared the fire may have started in the back of the duplex by the switch box, Welch said. The duplex had electricity.

A neighbor apparently saw the fire and reported it, the chief added. The fire was out within about 30 minutes, and no one was hurt.

Mobile home fire

Firefighters also responded to a mobile home fire last Friday at around 3:30 p.m. on Clay Road, off of Purdy School Road in Corinth.

That fire appeared to have started on the stove while cooking was taking place.

No one was hurt in that fire either, but the mobile home was a total loss, Welch said.

The fire at the Cruise Street duplex happened at around 4 a.m. Thursday.
This mobile home burned in a fire last Friday on Clay Drive.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *